Sunday, February 6, 2011

iPod Touches in Kindergarten?

RU just finished up with the third week of classes this semester :) 12 more weeks until Graduation.. eeek!! I'm in the process of figuring out my course project/objective. There's a slight possibility of acquiring iPod Touches for my classroom full of Kindergarteners. Now I need to figure out what I can do with the children and an iPod touch. As a requirement of this course, I have signed up to be a member of Classroom 2.0 which has an abundance of resources and information on how to integrate technology into the classroom. The only problem is I have been coming across plenty of comments about using iPod Touches in the upper grades - middle and high school - but I'm working with 5- and 6-year olds. 


Any suggestions folks? Once I have a definite answer of whether or not RU will be able to loan my classroom a handful of iPod Touches, I will dive into the iPod world and hopefully come out with something useful for everyone. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I definitely have ideas for how to use it with Kindergarteners! There are tons of great free apps to download on them to review letters, shapes, etc. The kids could use them to record themselves practicing good manners, or they could use them to practice writing their letters on the Notes app. Lots of fun ideas come to mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'm trying to use PALS scores to bring it "data collection" and work with the students who are struggling as a way to reinforcement literacy in fun ways. I could use some helps though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely on the same page as you. I am still trying to figure out what I want to do for my course project as well! It sounds like you have more of an idea than I do. There are lots of good applications you can use with kindergarteners and they also love using the iTouches. If you need any help finding apps let me know because I would be glad to help you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete